Tutor and Mentor an LAUSD Student Online
Quick Overview: Help ensure that ALL kids have access to the academic and social capital necessary to succeed! Take the first step in becoming an online tutor for 3rd - 6th grade students who don't have the benefit of paid tutoring.
Mission: Step Up Tutoring’s mission is to innovate and scale free online tutoring for families who cannot afford private tutoring. Amidst the uncertainty and isolation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, our volunteer tutors provide mentorship and emotional support for students. Our goal is to increase engagement, improve academic performance, and strengthen students’ social safety net.
Impact: Students who fall behind often never catch up. This training will start you on the road to offering free tutoring for some of our most vulnerable students who are being left behind in the new remote learning environment. With your help we can fight to close the virtual digital achievement gap.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities: When you click "Express Interest," the opportunity coordinator will reach out with additional information on tutoring requirements. To become a Step Up Tutor, you will need to complete the following:
- Complete Step Up Application
- Complete a 1-hour Zoom training
- Complete the training manual
- Complete a LiveScan background check
- Commit to a minimum of two hours per week to work 1 on 1 with a student online
- No tutoring experience required!
- Access to a computer with internet.
- Some tech savy skills. (dont worry, there will be support for you through the process)
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Coordinator below
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button to get started!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: