Outdoor Volunteer Day: Abalone Cove Reserve
Join us for our Outdoor Volunteer Day at Abalone Cove Reserve! You will help with enhancing habitat by planting native shrubs, removing invasive weeds, watering native plants and more! Your efforts will help restore this habitat for wildlife as well as create a beautiful place for the community to enjoy!
The mission of the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy (PVPLC) is to "preserve land and restore habitat for the education and enjoyment of all."
Your efforts will help us restore the habitat for wildlife in Rancho Palos Verdes, as well as create a beautiful place for the community to enjoy!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Typical volunteer roles include planting, invasive species removal, and site preparation.
- This event will meet at the entrance of Abalone Cove Reserve: 5970 Palos Verdes Dr South. If you arrive before 9am sharp, please park at the Annie's Stand entrance of Abalone Cove, located just north of the regular park entrance.
- Please use caution when entering and exiting this area. This entrance is right before the main entrance if you are coming from Hawthorne.
- We will be working outdoors, so please wear closed-toed shoes, sun protection and be sure to bring drinking water and a snack.
- We will be working outdoors, so wear closed-toed shoes, sun protection and be sure to bring drinking water. Thank you for volunteering!
- Masks are required and volunteers must maintain 6ft distance duiring volunteer activities.
- Once you've signed up, you will receive further instructions on how to complete your registration through VolunteerHub.
Questions? Email Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
By clicking “Sign Up,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise.
By clicking “Sign Up,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: