2022 Beach Cities Relay For Life
The American Cancer Society and the 2022 Beach Cities Relay For Life are looking for individuals to volunteer on the day of or Relay, Saturday, August 27, 2022.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement is the world’s largest peer-to-peer fundraising event. Funds raised through Relay For Life directly support breakthrough research, 24/7 support for cancer patients, access to lifesaving screenings, and much more. The 2022 Beach Cities Relay For Life has a financial goal to raise $50,000 to support the American Cancer Society in the fight against cancer in the Beach Cities communities and the surrounding areas.
There are an estimated 1.9 million new cases of cancer diagnosed in the United States and the 606,570 people are estimated that died from the disease in 2021.
What do the funds raise go to? In 2022 the funds raised in the West Region funded the following.
- $230,000 direct investment grants via 12 local area Strategic Health Systems partners in areas such as Transportation, Lodging, Early Detection for all major cancers, Early Detection with special focus (breast, colon, lung, cervical), HPV vaccination infrastructure, and more.
- More than $8 million in local area Research Grants, including $3.2 million to Drew Medical University for Diversity in Research funding transportation services to hundreds of residents via our new Paratransit partnership1000s of hours of Patient navigation via our Cancer Information Center 24/7 Hot Line 800.227.2345Edit Impact
We need volunteers to help us
- Set up the event in the morning starting at 7 am.
- Hang banners, flags, and signs
- Set up canopies, tables, and chairs.
- Register attendees
- Maintain the venue during the day by picking up trash and keeping the restroom clean and supplied.
- Set up our Luminaria Bag around the track.
- Tear down and clean up the park.
Be conscientious and willing to pitch in to get the job done. Be on time and stay throughout your agreed time.
There may be additional requests for tasks during your shift.
Alta Vista Park in Redondo Beach California
To sign up for a team go to: www.RelayForLife.org/BeachCitiesCA
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety.
By clicking “Sign Up,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am signing up for Activities that may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise.
By clicking “Sign Up,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: