The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) is a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual human rights organization that has been nationally and internationally recognized for its dedication to the identification of victims, mobilization of all sectors of the community to identify and advocate against trafficking, and provision of direct services for victims.
Program: CAST operates a toll free 24 hour hotline for individuals to:
- learn more about human trafficking and anti-trafficking services;
- receive supportive services if you or someone you know has experienced human trafficking;
- report a suspected case of human trafficking; and
- learn more about CAST services and get involved.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities: Volunteers are needed to assist with the CAST Hotline phone calls.
- Answer CAST Hotline;
- Assist callers with referrals;
- Prescreen callers for CAST Services;
- Crisis Counseling/Intervention; and
- Miscellaneous office work.
Requirements: Volunteers must be 18 years of age. A 40-hour training required.
Additional Required Skills:
- Experience in crisis intervention;
- Strong active listening skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to prioritize tasks & hotline calls; and
- Must have reliable phone service, preferably a landline.
- Bilingual in any of the following: Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, Bahasa, Arabic, Amharic, and Tingrinya;
- Background in social sciences;
- Familiar with social services in the LA Area;
- Hotline Experience; and
- Experience in monitoring a multiple line phone system.
- Available to volunteer 20 hours per month;
- Available after business hours and on weekends;
- Possible on-call duty; and
- On-going volunteer position.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness
- Population Served: Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: