In honor of the César Chávez holiday, L.A. Works is partnering with Food Forward for a week of activities. Food Forward is an all volunteer grassroots group of Angelenos who care about reconnecting to our food system and making change around urban hunger. They harvest excess fruits and vegetables from local properties donating 100% to local food pantries across southern California.Project: Pick excess fruit from trees and lawns. Following the pick, there will be a lively discussion on the themes of food justice.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities: In the spirit of fruitanthropy, volunteers will pick excess fruit from a local property and collect it into crates that will be donated to a local charity. After the pick, the charity will arrive to pick up their new goods!
- Any volunteer under the age of 18 must bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Minor Release Waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- Comfortable clothes and closed-toe sturdy soled shoes (dress in layers)
- Bring your own gloves and garden shears if you have them
- Wear sunglasses or protective eyewear
- Wear sunscreen
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment, Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Gardening/Planting,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:12+
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: