Alegria, a program of the Salvation Army, provides health, housing and child development services to homeless families with special needs, including residents with chronic illnesses such as HIV/AIDS. The goal is to not just to help these families survive, but also to give them the resources to live dignified, hopeful lives.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities: L.A. Works volunteers will engage teens and their mothers in cosmetic and nail application, beauty tips and hygienic skills for a chance at emboldening their spirits, self-confidence and self-awareness. A bit of pampering, relaxing and feminine bonding can go a long way! Come be a make-up artist and beautician for the day by creating a fun salon essence!
- No formal training in cosmetology is required.
- Volunteers for this project must be at least 15 years of age.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Community Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness, Family Services
- Population Served: Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Caring for People,Mentoring/Youth Development
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: