About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.
Position Description: The Social Media & Content Producer will enhance the L.A. Works Brand by spearheading communication efforts and developing new ways of engaging eligible volunteers. We are looking for a hardworking and responsible individual to help with content management, content creation, and strategy development. In addition, the Social Media & Content Producer will also responsible for updating L.A. Works’ Facebook page, Twitter feed and other social media properties. This person must have a passion for community building.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate would have the ability to work independently as well as in a team and have strong creative, editorial, technical & people skills.
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance and growth of online communications
- Work with internal teams to ensure all online content is fresh, relevant and in alignment with brand standards
- Lead the development and creation of the monthly e-newsletter, The Insider.
- Interview volunteers and write features about them
- Generate engaging content and collect corresponding visuals
- Manage the maintenance and growth of our blog
- Review, edit, and approve editorial content as well as individual blog posts
- Contribute timely and relevant blog posts as needed
- Drive the social media strategy across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) using a combination of creativity and online best practices
- Dive into online analytics (both website and social media) to identify trends that can be translated into actionable online and offline initiatives to drive volunteer engagement
Requirements: Bring passion and energy to the office each day!
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in journalism, English, or communications) or equivalent experience
- Strong writing skills and ability to produce on deadlines
- Basic knowledge of content management systems, such as WordPress and Your Mailing List Provider (YMLP), and social media platforms.
- Solid understanding of brand management and maintaining a consistent voice Experience with social media tools, such as Facebook and Twitter is critical
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and online analytics reporting Willingness to contribute as needed as a member of a growing team
Equipment Requirements: Laptop and internet access.
Hours: Dependent on deadlines. The position will be guided less by the number of hours per week, but by deadlines set. It'll be up to the Intern to set their own hours in order to get the projects completed. The e-newsletter goes out the first week of every month.
Compensation: Unpaid. We can provide school credit, but all applicants must make their own arrangements with their host institution. Volunteers will benefit from this great learning experience, enhance their resumes, and build their personal and professional skills as they make a difference in the LA nonprofit community.
Location: The L.A. Works headquarters is in Cypress Park, close to Elysian Park at the NE corner of Dodger Stadium. We are accessible by the gold line.
Duration: Position is open year-round. Internship length is flexible, but with a minimum of 3 months.
Application Deadline: Immediate. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Application Procedure: Click on the Express Interest button below! Then please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in L.A. Works and this role to email@example.com.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community, Internships & Employment
- Activity Type: Administrative Support/Clerical,Public Relations/Marketing
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: