About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.
Position Description: The Partnerships Builder will be responsible for developing, cultivating, and managing partnerships with local community businesses. This role will help secure valuable in-kind donations to support our events and programs including but not limited to: t-shirts, paraphernalia, marketing materials, recognition items, art supplies, food and beverage.
- Pitching the L.A. Works story and programs & representing L.A. Works in the field
- Identify local businesses and community partners that are interested in supporting L.A. Works' Mission
- Develop strong relationships with key staff at area sponsors to facilitate execution and growth of partnerships to creatively increase in-kind resources
- Work with internal and partner leadership to define partnership goals
- Maintain MOUs with Sponsors
Professional Requirements: Bring passion and energy to the office each day!
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written and verbal communication skills, in dealing with partners at all levels
- Independent and able to manage own progress and deadlines.
- Comfortable in a spokesperson and networking role.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to make cold calls.
- Ability to multi-task while creating process and structure in entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience building relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive outlook is a must
- Experience in development preferred
Equipment Requirements: Laptop and internet access. Applicants with access to their own transportation are preferred.
Hours: 10-15 hours a week. (Flexible)
Benefits: Unpaid. We can provide school credit, but all applicants must make their own arrangements with their host institution. Volunteers will benefit from this great learning experience, enhance their resumes, and build their personal and professional skills as they make a difference in the LA nonprofit community.
Location(s): Internship activities will take place primarily at the L.A. Works headquarters in Cypress Park though occasional travel to Sponsor sites will be necessary. Our office is close to Elysian Park at the NE corner of Dodger Stadium and is accessible by the Gold Line.
Duration: Position is open year-round. Internship length is flexible, but with a minimum of 3 months.
Application Deadline: Immediate. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Application Procedure: Click on the Express Interest button below! Then please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in L.A. Works and this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community, Internships & Employment
- Activity Type: Fundraising & Campaigning,Administrative Support/Clerical,Public Relations/Marketing
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: