Ready to use music as a tool for social transformation? Sign up as a MusicWorks Teaching Artist and we’ll match your profile to an amazing nonprofit organization so you can do what you love most: make great music for an even greater cause.
MusicWorks Teaching Artist are responsible for coaching beginning, intermediate or advanced instrumental, vocal or songwriting pedagogy for any of our partners from the MusicWorks’ nonprofit network. He or she will ensure the highest quality personal and musical experience for our partner’s students; implement a curriculum set by the assigned institution and collaborate with other Teaching Artists to support each child holistically. He or she will be an advocate of music as a tool for social transformation, helping facilitate community and family involvement.
As a MusicWorks Teaching Artist, responsibilities includes:
- Teaching beginning, intermediate and advanced groups and individual instrumental, vocal or songwriting classes, working closely with the Program Director in implementing curriculum and culture inspired by our philosophy.
- Assistance with ensemble rehearsals, instrument tuning, side by side rehearsing or performing.
- Communicating properly with the program’s faculty and staff including fellow Teaching Artists, parents and other volunteers in order to support each child holistically.
Desires skills and qualifications
- Current student, graduate or equivalent experience in music performance, composition or education.
- A high level of musicianship and artistry as a teacher.
- Strong knowledge of instrumental technique
- Previous teaching experience is highly valued.
- Passion for music and music education.
- The willingness to teach with a focus on the creative learning process, emphasizing striving over achieving.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to work effectively with a range of constituencies in a diverse community and willingness to collaborate with and learn from one’s colleagues.
- Strong commitment to use music as a tool for social transformation
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
READY TO BECOME A TEACHING ARTIST?
(Express Interest below)
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Tutoring,Mentoring/Youth Development
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: