*Community Relations & Nonprofit Outreach Associate
About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. L.A. Works addresses three principal needs: to increase volunteer participation in the community; to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions through access to volunteer labor and other resources; and to encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community.
Position Description: Looking to get your foot in the door in the nonprofit sector? Learn the ins-and-outs of volunteerism and nonprofit sustainability while building relationships with an incredible variety of nonprofits in Los Angeles! As part of our team, you will gain exposure to the inner-workings of the nonprofit sector and develop valuable professional skills that will help you develop strong relationships, expand meaningful programming, and ultimately foster change in the community. If you love Los Angeles, are organized, and enjoy working with people and multiple projects, this opportunity is for you! We will work with you to identify the exact project and opportunity that will be a great fit for both you and our organization.
- NonProfit Outreach - Provide the nonprofit sector with the volunteer support and resources it needs to continue providing programs for the disenfranchised communities of LA by helping secure new partnerships, identify needs, create and launch volunteer projects.
- Volunteer Support - Help Angelenos connect to causes they're passionate about while enhancing the quality of our programs to create more enriching and meaningful volunteer experiences.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and maintaining ongoing communications with a diverse group of nonprofits via email and phone;
- Engaging and guiding conversations with nonprofit partners to ensure needs are being met and progress is made toward programmatic goals;
- Supporting trainings and volunteer events;
- Addressing volunteer inquiries and needs to ensure that our opportunities are living up to expectations;
- Manage volunteer and partner data & conduct data analysis; and/or
- Developing engaging volunteer projects.
- Passion for community service;
- Excellent phone and written communications etiquette;
- Proactive, self-directed, and results-oriented personality with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Good organizational skills, attention to details and deadlines;
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn;
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of a CRM database such as Salesforce, a plus;
- Interest in developing processes and procedures for efficiency and sustainability;
- Open to and excited by the opportunity to be engaged in strategic thinking and capacity-building work for the LA nonprofit sector; and
- Experience with volunteering and knowledge of the LA nonprofit landscape highly desired.
Time Commitment: Approximately 8 - 10 hours a week for a 3 - 6 month commitment.
Compensation: Unpaid. We can provide school credit, but all applicants must make their own arrangements with their host institution. Volunteers will benefit from this great learning experience, enhance their resumes, and build their personal and professional skills as they make a difference in the LA nonprofit community.
Location: The L.A. Works Office is located in Cypress Park, close to Elysian Park at the NE corner of Dodger Stadium. We are accessible by the gold line. Depending on the nature of the tasks, there could be an opportunity to work from home on occasion.
Application Procedure: Click on the Express Interest button below! Then please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in L.A. Works and this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: