What: Care for and maintain a school garden that educates students on the environment.
Daniel Webster Middle School is an LAUSD public school serving grades 6-8.
Volunteer Project: L.A. Works volunteers come out to help care for and maintain the Daniel Webster School Garden, which serves to educate students about the environment and environmental inequity, as well as to provide a resource that enriches the community. Volunteers work to create new gardening plots, remove weeds and brush, and add new plants.
Special Note: In case of rain the day before or the day of the project, the project will likely be canceled. If this is the case you will be notified by email.
1. Please enter the school through the gates off Butler/Sawtelle Avenue...you cannot park inside the school, but there is usually plenty of residential parking off Butler.
2. Please wear close-toed shoes and bring work gloves if you have them
3. Don't forget your drinking water, its usually quite hot outdoors and you don't want to risk dehydration.
Age Requirement: Volunteers for this project must be at least 5 years of age.
Minors: Any volunteer under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. Volunteers under 13 years of age will also need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN UP button.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment, Schools
- Population Served: Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Cleaning,Gardening/Planting
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: