Signature Projects are long-term volunteer projects at non-profits that are run by an L.A.Works-trained volunteer Project Leader. Projects usually take place 1-4 times per month for a minimum of 6 months and activate anywhere from 5 - 200 volunteers.
Are you a non-profit interested in utilizing a Project Leader to support your volunteer programs?
Non-profits must meet our eligibility requirements and:
- have or begin a recurring volunteer opportunity lasting 6+ months
- always have an employee on site during volunteer projects
Are you a volunteer interested in stepping up your leadership skills?
What does a Project Leader do?
- Manages an existing recurring volunteer project at a non-profit or works with a non-profit to create a new project
- Communicates with non-profit partner, volunteers, and L.A. Works
- Owns all aspects of project preparation, execution, and follow up
What are the requirements to be a Project Leader?
- Attend a training
- Shadow 2 Project Leaders
- Complete a background check
- Commit to 6+ months of service
What are some examples of Signature Projects?
- Serve it Up: Beach Clean Up and Games with Heal the Bay
- Empowering Adults: Lifeskills Workshops for Young Moms with PATH
- Furry Fun: Walk and Play Catch with Furry Friends at Wags and Walks
- Spruce it Up: Garden with Shelter Residents at LAFH