“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
For over 30 years, L.A. Works has been passionate about producing volunteer opportunities that create an equitable, diverse, and thriving Los Angeles. We work in partnership with organizations that address homelessness, hunger, poor quality education, environmental injustice, and more... all serving a disproportionate number of people of color. The status quo is not working.
So, we’ve created Our Roadmap… series to supplement the volunteer experiences IRL -- giving you, our volunteers, a place to reflect, find resources to build your knowledge base, and learn how to take action to advocate for critical legislation and actions that elected officials can take to move the needle on issues of equity, together.
Reading Time - 45 minutes
- How COVID has impacted public education
- Examining the Education Achievement Gap and more key terms
- Steps to tackle racism in the classroom and after students graduate
Reading Time - 20 minutes
- Examine the food insecurity crisis and why it exists
- Examples of steps to take towards a more equitable society