Grant Researcher/Writer (For Volunteers age 55+)
If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an eye for identifying fundraising opportunities, then please consider a volunteer opportunity as a grant researcher. We are looking for experienced grant writers/fundraisers/networkers who can research, and identify, funding as well as develop, write and submit proposals, letters, reports and other materials as necessary to secure grant support from foundation, corporations and government funding sources to support Global Arts Los Angeles (GALA). The pro bono grant researcher we are looking for will have excellence writing, grammar, and communication skills.
Mission or Broader Program Description:
Global Arts provides a nurturing and inspiring environment to underserved communities in Los Angeles while maintaining a strong focus on the continual growth and education of both students and educators. We are an after-school youth orchestra program that serves students primarily in the Pico Union District of Los Angeles. We also provide bi-weekly professional development workshops to all educators in the area in the fields of musical excellence, educational psychology, and social justice. By providing access to these programs, we empower both students and educators to advance social change within their own communities.
Your pro-bono services contribute to underserved students receiving equal access to instruments and quality music education. Additionally, you will be supporting the continual professional development of educators so that more students can be better served.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
· Investigate and identify prospective funding sources.
· Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents.
· Draft compelling grant proposal narratives and other correspondence to solicit grant funds.
· Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements.
· Experience in philanthropy and non-profit organizations a plus
· Proven experience as a non-profit grant writer a big plus
· Working knowledge of MS Office
· Demonstrate strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
· Excellent writing, grammar, and research skills.
Time Commitment: Flexible hours to be determined each week until the completion of the project, remote volunteer role, volunteers will need to be mindful of deadlines.