AmeriCorps VISTA Program Manager
About The Role: The L.A. Works VISTA Program Manager will play an important role in helping the AmeriCorps VISTA program deepen its reach and impact to contribute to the alleviation of poverty in the greater Los Angeles Area through building organizational volunteer engagement and management infrastructure. The individual in this role will provide day-to-day management and oversight of the program, working closely with the AmeriCorps Program Director to implement the approved VISTA Project Plan made with AmeriCorps. This position will be responsible for cultivating the leadership and citizenship skills in the VISTA members and the volunteers whom they lead, engendering a lifelong ethic of service. This role also assists other partner organizations accomplish these tasks through the administration, management, and development of the program.
**Applicants without previous AmeriCorps experience or knowledge are still encouraged to research the program and apply.**
Essential Job Functions:
The list that follows is not intended to be comprehensive; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities of the position. Incumbents may not be required to perform all roles listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Manage relationship, requirements and reporting of federal AmeriCorps VISTA grant to the AmeriCorps agency
- Recruit host site locations and program partners for project placement
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with host sites and program partners, supporting their development of the VISTA assignment descriptions
- Recruit, interview and screen all VISTA applicants
- Supervise and support VISTA Leader
- Lead VISTA members and other volunteers on L.A. Works’ large-scale Days of Service.
- Provide basic orientation and training to L.A. Works VISTA members and host site sponsors regarding AmeriCorps, L.A. Works, and the goals of the program
- Provide ongoing training for members’ professional and personal development to strengthen skills used in their L.A. Works VISTA project per the VISTA Project Plan
- Provide ongoing site and member support (at least two site visits per year, and ongoing contact) with timely responses including regular monthly check ins with program partners
- Invoice Host Sites on schedule set forth in MOA
- Proficiently utilize CRM database (Salesforce) for efficient tracking, reporting, record keeping and data management
- Provide general office support alongside the Programs Department team.
- Evaluate members, host sites and overall program informally: in monthly meetings with members, and formally: quarterly, mid year and end of year in a report to VISTA state office
- Participate in at least one of L.A. Works’ Internal Task Forces (i.e. DEI, Team FUN, Take Action, etc.) and support other team members as able
- Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and/or the AmeriCorps Program
- A track record of delivering results while juggling competing priorities
- Comfortable public speaking and leading trainings
- Ability to be creative and resourceful to develop new, unique programs and initiatives
- Meet baseline responsibilities and requirements within a set schedule
- Initiate NSWOP and criminal history check prior to hire
- Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation for regular travel throughout Los Angeles County
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and L.A. Works may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Reporting: This position reports to the AmeriCorps Program Director.
L.A. Works strives to model our vision of a just, vibrant, and inclusive Los Angeles. As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Time Expectations and Salary: This is a full-time, grant-funded position. Targeted hiring salary is $54,000. Salary commensurate with experience and internal equity. L.A. Works offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, professional development opportunities, a non-match 401k, and generous time-off. This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and that the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
COVID-19 Safety: L.A. Works requires its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain exceptions as required by law. New hires working at L.A. Works must be fully vaccinated no later than 60-days after hire. All employees are also required to submit to additional masking and social distancing requirements.
To Apply: please email a cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this role, along with your resume, as a single PDF document to HR@laworks.com.
Background Check: As a finalist for a job, you will be subject to a routine background check. The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with L.A. Works.