Partnering with L.A. Works
We believe volunteers help organizations become better positioned to achieve their missions, improve the lives of those they serve, and thrive. Likewise, we believe strong nonprofit organizations make stronger communities.
We are here to help!
How we support Partner's volunteer organizing:
Perks of being a Partner
Join a network of hundreds of nonprofits utilizing L.A. Works to promote your volunteer opportunities.
Connect your organization to thousands of volunteers across Los Angeles.
Receive a Partner Newsletter that connects you to nonprofit resources and organizations across the city.
Build relationships with our L.A. Works programs to promote and support your organization.
Build a social media presence through L.A. Works Social Media Partner Spotlights.
Managing Volunteer Groups
L.A. Works organizes programming for teams of corporate and community volunteers – removing the majority of time and effort that usually falls to the nonprofit when a group reaches out looking to volunteer.
If you have a virtual, at-home, or (socially-distanced) in-person service activity that can accommodate a group of any size, please reach out! From hands-on beautification projects to virtual mentoring workshops to creating supply kits, corporate groups are always willing to lend a helping
Year-long Volunteer Corps
L.A. Works recruits, places, and matches AmeriCorps VISTAs to spend a year at a nonprofit, building the volunteer infrastructure of an organization whose mission is to alleviate poverty. Click the button to learn more about the Volunteer Corps program and how to host a VISTA
Pro-bono & Skilled Volunteer Placement
L.A. Works helps local nonprofit partners connect with volunteers who want to offer their professional skills through thoroughly defined and scope projects. From grant writers to human resources to financial strategists and beyond, we can match your organization with an experienced volunteer to help build your capacity. This is a wonderful opportunity for newer, smaller nonprofits who are looking for guidance from experienced volunteers.
Ready to post to our website?
Follow the steps below to start recruiting!
1. Double check if your organization is already an existing Partner.
2. If your organization is a registered Partner but you're unable to post volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com for access.
3. If your organization is not registered, please complete this short application to become Partner:
4. Your application will be reviewed by our staff and we’ll be in touch within 3 business days. We'll then advise you on how to write a strong post that will engage quality volunteers!
Already a Partner?
Learn how to post more opportunities:
1. If your organization is a registered Partner but you're unable to post volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
2. Check out this video for a step-by-step instruction on posting.